Nikon Coolpix P7000 Digital Camera - 10.1 Megapixels
The Nikon COOLPIX P7000 is a classic compact digital camera offering advancements in image quality, shooting functions and operation.
The P7000 offers an effective pixel count of 10.1 million pixels and is equipped with a 7.1× optical zoom NIKKOR lens that covers a broad range of focal lengths beginning at the wide-angle 28mm, and makes the most of the large 1/1.7-inch, RGB CCD image sensor and optical characteristics. Adoption of the latest image-processing engine, EXPEED C2, enables capture of high-resolution images with rich tonal expression. The P7000 is also equipped with a number of new functions, including Zoom Memory and Tone Level Information display, which provide greater control over shooting and resulting images. High-sensitivity shooting functions make the COOLPIX P7000 an optimal tool for nature photography as well as a wide variety of other scenes.
Movie Feature – captures HD* video with stereo audio up to 1280x720 resolution.
|What's in the box? |
Nikon Coolpix P7000 Digital Camera + 79mb internal memory
Camera Strap AN-CP22
Rechargeable Li-ion Battery EN-EL14
Battery Charger MH-24
USB Cable UC-E6
Audio Video Cable EG-CP16
Hot Shoe Cover
Software Suite CD-ROM - View NX 2
12 Months Warranty with Nikon Australia (24 months with MyNikonLife registration.)
To get started, DCW recommends....
Take your photography to the next level with these optional accessories
Type of Camera
Compact digital camera
10.1 million pixels
Image Size (Pixels)
3,648×2,736 (Normal:3648), 3,264×2,448 (Normal:3264), 2,592×1,944 (Normal: 2592), 2,048×1,536 (Normal: 2048), 1600 x 1200 (Normal: 1600), 1,024×768 (PC: 1024), 640×480 (TV: 640), 3648 x 2432 (3:2), 3584 x 2016 (16:9), 2736 x 2736 (1:1)
7.1x Zoom; f=6.0-42.6mm / F2.8-5.6
Lens shift VR
Up to 4x
Normal mode: 50cm, Macro: 2cm
3.0"; 921,000-dot, TFT LCD monitor with anti-reflection coating
SD memory cards (SDHC and SDXC compliant;) and internal memory (approx. 79MB)
NRW (RAW), Compressed [JPEG (EXIF )], mono/wav file, MOV movie
Auto mode, Scene modes, Movie mode, P, S, A, and M exposure modes, Low Noise night mode, User Setttings preset (U1,U2, U3)
Scene Auto Selector, Portrait, Landscape, Night portrait, Sports, Snow, Party/indoor, Beach, Sunset, Dusk/dawn, Night landscape, Close-up, Food, Museum, Fireworks show, Copy, Backlight, Panorama assist
Single, Continuous (approx. 1.3 fps up to 45 shots), BSS (Best Shot Selector), Multi-shot 16 (16 frames with a single burst), Interval tmer shooting
HD720p (1280x720), VGA (640x480), QVGA (320x240)
Exposure Metering System
256-segment matrix metering, Center-weighted metering, Spot metering, Spot AF area (with support for 99 focus areas)
Auto (auto gain ISO 100-800), High ISO Sensitivity auto (ISO 100 to 1600), Fixed range auto (ISO 100 to 200, ISO 100 to 400), P,S,A,M (ISO 400 to 800), Manual selection: ISO 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600, 3200, Hi (equivalent to 6400)
Auto, Preset manual, Daylight, Incandescent, Fluorescent, Cloudy, Flash
2 and 10 sec. duration
Flash Sync Modes
Auto, Auto with red-eye reduction, Off, Fill flash, Manual, Slow sync, Rear-curtain sync
Total of 24 languages
Rechargeable Li-ion Battery EN-EL14, AC Adapter EH-5A (used in combination with the Power Connector EP-5A) (optional)
Battery Life (on a fully charged battery)
Approx. 350 shots with EN-EL5 battery (based on CIPA standard); Movies: Approx. 2 h 45 min (HD 720p)
Approx. 114.2 × 77.0 × 44.8 mm excluding projections
Weight (without batteries and memory card)
Approx. 360 g
* Specifications subject to change by the manufacturer without notice
- Effective pixel count of 10.1 million pixels and a 7.1x optical zoom
An effective pixel count of 10.1 million pixels and a 7.1x optical zoom NIKKOR lens with a zoom range beginning at the wide-angle 28mm focal length (equivalent with 35mm format)
A large CCD image sensor, high-performance NIKKOR lens and new image-processing engine EXPEED C2 that achieves greater image quality and faster image processing, have been adopted for rendering capability that enables capture of photographic works of art.
- Large 1/1.7-inch RGB CCD image sensor
Individual pixels with greater pitch enable richer tonal expression and a broader dynamic range for excellent image quality, even with shooting at high sensitivities.
- NIKKOR lens
A lens-shift vibration reduction (VR) function and two ED lens elements that effectively suppress chromatic aberration have been adopted for the 7.1x optical zoom NIKKOR lens that covers a wide range of focal lengths from the wide-angle 28mm to telephoto 200mm (equivalent with 35mm format). These features of the NIKKOR lens enable capture of sharp, high-resolution images.
- Built-in ND filter
The P7000 is the first COOLPIX camera to be equipped with a built-in neutral density (ND) filter that reduces the amount of light that passes through the lens, enabling a three-stop decrease in shutter speed. This allows you to apply slower shutter speeds when shooting in bright surroundings.
- 6-blade iris diaphragm
- Specify zoom focal length and register camera settings
* Zoom memory – This function allows you to easily specify a preset focal length with zoom photography. As zoom can immediately be switched from a wide-angle position to a specified telephoto focal length, capturing images at the intended angle of view is fast and easy.
* User setting modes – Up to three combinations of settings specified by the user can be registered by the camera. Simply rotate the mode dial to apply registered settings and achieve the intended results quickly.
- A variety of functions that enable superior rendering with shooting at high sensitivities in dark surroundings
* Low noise night mode – The camera automatically detects surrounding brightness and controls noise while applying a higher ISO sensitivity setting.
* Noise reduction filter – The level of noise reduction processing performed can be adjusted according to shooting intent.
* Long exposure NR – Reduces the noise that occurs with shooting in dark surroundings at slow shutter speeds.
- High-speed response that ensures certain capture of fleeting scenes
Preserve precious photos with instant capture of sudden movements or fleeting expressions. A power-up time of approximately 0.95 seconds and a shooting time lag of approximately 0.23 seconds ensure quick response to sudden photo opportunities.
- Tone level information display for checking exposure
The new tone level information function not only allows users to verify exposure with a histogram (graph showing brightness distribution), but also allows them to choose the desired tone (brightness) from nine levels. *A histogram is a graph that shows brightness distribution. The horizontal axis shows the number of pixels and the vertical axis shows luminosity.
- Greater support for RAW files, making them even easier to use
Support for Nikon’s exclusive RAW (NRW) format has been extended to continuous shooting and functions including Active D-Lighting. *ViewNX 2 (Ver. 0.0) is required to open NRW files on a computer. The application or updates can be downloaded free from Nikon’s website (support page).
- Recording of HD movies with stereo sound
- 3-inch, approximately 921k-dot TFT LCD monitor with wide viewing angle and 100% reproduction of the sRGB color space
- Superior operation that is easily mastered
Adoption of a quick menu dial and exposure compensation dial makes applying camera settings faster and smoother by reducing the number of menu layers. In addition, the superior design with a focus on operation offers a natural and comfortable grip perfectly suited to shooting.
- Other features
* 4 exposure modes: [P], [S], [A], [M]
* Three auto bracketing functions Exposure bracketing (Tv and Sv), White balance bracketing for automatic continuous shooting at specified increments for more precise expression
* Macro photography with shooting as close as 2 cm (0.8 in.) to the lens
* Virtual horizon display for visual confirmation that the camera is horizontally and vertically level
* COOLPIX Picture Control options that can be selected according to the scene or your intent prior to shooting
* Support for a variety of optional accessories, including a wide-angle converter and external Speedlights